Monday, November 11, 2013

Thankyouthankyouthankyou

Gratitude: Or, 5 things that give more meaning to my life, as of 11/11/13, as appreciated by yours truly.
 

1. good hugs
2. toasted pumpkin seeds
3. a really good, strong work-out
4. people who notice when your work-out schedule has changed.
5. The staff at the Y. And again: The staff at the Y. They have been my community, solidly, for over 4 years, and time and again they've come through for me; everything I've put in to my time there, the staff have given back 10-fold, regarding everything from encouragement, financial assistance, temporary child care, classes, community, outreach, and friendly engagement. When I asked for clearer communication about Y-sponsored surround care at Hamilton, I not only had a great sit-down w/Nate Torres, the director for after-school care, but found that he was able to take action and really support me and represent my concerns; this resulted in direct assistance and enrollment into afternoon care for both kids. This goes beyond gratitude--this is a domino finally put in place that assures movement towards a job; by knowing that my little ones are being safely cared for after school, in their school, I can move forward with my job search, eliminating one more blockade that was stalling my progress. I actually had to hug the guy, and I nearly cried. It's good to know when someone's on your team; it's AMAZING to find out an entire organization feels the same way.


1 comment:

eholm said...

Hi! I love your blog. A few months ago, your social media posts had me lightly wondering at the state of your marriage. And, although I'd read several of your blog posts before, it didn't occur to me to pry here to see what might be going on. The link I came across this morn led me to read into more of your life. Thank-you for your honesty & writing. I'm excited for you.